Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Blog, So Excited!

Sweet Hubby and I are full fledged foodies and proud to admit it! When we travel, a dedicated portion of our vacation money always goes toward the food budget because Hubby appreciates good food and loves to experience the local cuisine.

(Remind me to tell you about the $300 dinner we had at Mama's Fish House on Maui!)

Learning food secrets from the locals is an interest that we both share wholeheartedly! In fact, we once flew to New Orleans just to have lunch in the French Quarter. It was on that marathon day-trip that our love for Gumbo was born.  To this day, we continue to expand on our interest for travel and our appreciation for the art of cooking.

You don't have to be a chef to be great in the kitchen! Do you ever go out to a restaurant and deconstruct the excellent food you order? Hubby and I do that All. The. Time!  We analyze what our taste buds are telling us as we categorize the ingredients we can see and try to guess the ones we can taste but not see. If the food is truly divine, you can bet we will go home and try to recreate it!

There are also many, MANY occasions when I find that I am out of almost everything in the pantry and fridge. My family tells me this is when I make my best dishes.
(I hope that isn't an insult to the food I painstakingly shop for and prepare!)
I call these meals "Making something out of nothing."  I thoroughly enjoy the nights when I am forced to get creative to make dinner for my family with the few ingredients I have on hand. I won't tell you that it is always successful, but I've been doing this gig for so long that some tasty favorites have been created in just this way.

This narrative will be our way of sharing our foodie adventures with friends, family and even strangers that may find us here in the bloggerhood. I can't wait to tell you about our gumbo inspired by our trip to New Orleans, clam chowder inspired by Massachusetts and refined after a trip to the Snowbird lodge, tequila chicken tortilla soup completely of our own creation, and many other tasty adventures yet to come.

Pull up a chair, follow our blog, and if you're local then you should definitely come over one night to taste what we're talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment