Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cookie Monster and Carrots

 


Two weeks ago, Cookie Monster was on Top Chef. Oh yes he was! My family and I watched the episode together and we laughed until our sides hurt. I can't remember how it came up, but once we could catch our breath from the out of control laughter, someone in the room said that you can't make cookies with vegetables.

Wanna bet? 

I told my girls then and there that I had been making cookies with carrots since I was 8 years old and needed a chair to reach the counter top. I then promised to prove to them that not only can you make cookies with vegetables, but that those cookies are delicious! 

They were skeptical.. understandably... but I was about to change their minds because these yummy cookies are loaded with carrots, coconut and frosted with an orange zest icing. It is a fantastic combination!




Everyone except Hubby loved these cookies and his complaint, surprisingly, was not the carrots but the orange icing.  Carley is now so excited about vegetable cookies that she would like me to try altering this recipe to be a zucchini / lime cookie. I'm game to give that a try.. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment